Explore the sections below to learn more about completing the International Nonprofit Vetting Application.
- Register as an Administrator of your organization in NPOconnect.
- Start the vetting process by navigating to Administration > Vetting in NPOconnect.
- Select Invite me now to receive an invitation email to complete the International Nonprofit Vetting Application in our vetting application platform, GrantsConnect.
- Accept the invitation to open GrantsConnect and create a password for your new account.
- Invite additional applicants or collaborators to assist you with completing the application, if needed. This can be accomplished by following the instructions here.
- Complete the International Nonprofit Vetting Application in GrantsConnect by providing all required documentation and information about your organization. Examples of required documentation can be found here.
- Submit your application in GrantsConnect.
- Track your application's progress to approval!
After being approved, follow the steps in the Checklist for Vetted Organizations resource to complete your disbursement information, compliance statements, and more.
Only Administrators are permitted to apply for vetting on behalf of their organization. View the resources here to learn more about the registration process.
Navigate to the Administration area in NPOconnect to begin the vetting process. The Vetting tile will display your organization’s current vetting status. Select this tile to continue.
On the Vetting page, you will be presented with all the steps involved in the vetting process. The first step is Start Application. From this step, you will request your invitation to complete the International Nonprofit Vetting Application in our vetting application, GrantsConnect.
Select the Invite me now button to create your account in GrantsConnect and start your application. An email inviting you to submit the application in GrantsConnect will be sent to the email address on file.
A confirmation modal will appear when the email has been sent. The email will be titled Invitation to submit Vetting Application sent from Blackbaud Compliance. This invitation is only valid for 24 hours. You will be required to request the invitation again if you do not accept it during that time.
Once this invitation has been accepted, an account will be created for you in GrantsConnect with your email address as your UserID. You will finalize the creation of this account in Step 4.
After opening the email sent in Step 3, select Go to Invitation to accept your invitation to complete your application in GrantsConnect.
The GrantsConnect Sign In page will automatically open in a new browser tab. You will be asked to set a password for your account. Your UserID is your email address.
Once your password has been set, you will be asked to verify your account and complete the setup. You will be taken directly to the International Nonprofit Vetting Application when you first sign in to GrantsConnect.
Before completing the application, you should determine if additional applicants need to be invited to complete the application. This application must be completed by an executive or board member. If the original applicant or Administrator does not fit this description, this individual should be added as a collaborator.
Instructions for inviting additional applicants to complete an application can be found in GrantsConnect’s help resources here.
The International Nonprofit Vetting Application consists of six (6) tabs that request detailed information about your organization, require you to upload documentation, etc. The fields in each tab must be completed before your application can be submitted.
If you have questions about the documentation requested in the application, refer to our resources here.
The Nonprofit Identification tab requests the following information.
- Nonprofit Identification - This includes name, Registration ID, and date of formation.
- Change of Name
- Alternate Contact Information
- Nonprofit Address
- Nonprofit Classification and Mission
- Affiliation with Other Organizations
- Nonprofit Personnel (Including Board of Directors and Senior Staff) - When providing details for nonprofit personnel, we request that you include a full list of your organization's current Board of Directors and your organization's officers as well as at least three (3) of your organization's senior staff members (paid or volunteer) who help run day-to-day operations. You can choose to select the Add new button to add them one at a time or select Import to download and complete a CSV file to import into the field.
Governing Documents and Law
The Governing Documents and Law tab requests the following information.
- Legal Entity Type
- Charter Document and Certificate of Formation - Provide two copies of this document (original and English translation).
- Statutory Laws - Provide documents in English. Statutory Law guidance for your country can be found in our International Resource Center here.
- Bylaws and Statutes - Provide this document in English.
- Special Status Designation
The Financial Information tab requests the following information.
- Fiscal or Accounting Year-End
- Financial Report - Provide two copies of this document (original and English translation).
- Qualifications as a Publicly Supported Organization - Provide this document in English. A template can be found here.
Charitable Purposes and Activities
The Charitable Purposes and Activities tab requests the following information.
- Charitable Purposes
- Annual or Program Report - Provide two copies of this document (original and English translation).
- Summary of Programs
Complete the Binding Representations fields in the Attestation tab before submitting the application.
Once your application has been completed and reviewed, select Submit at the bottom of the form to submit it for review.
As your application is reviewed by the Blackbaud Compliance team, you can track its status in the Application Review step on the Administration > Vetting page in NPOconnect.
Possible statuses include:
- Awaiting Review - Your application has been submitted but has not yet been looked at by the Blackbaud Compliance team.
- In Progress - The Blackbaud Compliance team is currently reviewing your application.
- On Hold - The Blackbaud Compliance team has requested a revision. The review will continue once the information requested has been resolved.
- Approved - Your application has been reviewed and accepted.
- Declined - Your application has been reviewed but not accepted.