Explore the sections below to learn more about completing the Domestic Vetting Application in NPOconnect.
- Register as an Administrator of your organization in NPOconnect.
- Start your Domestic Vetting application from Administration > Vetting in the NPOconnect portal.
- Choose the organization type that you represent.
- Upload documentation that is required for your organization based on the type. All requirements can be found here.
- Submit your application.
- Track your application's progress to approval!
Only Administrators are permitted to apply for Domestic Vetting on behalf of their organization. To learn more about the registration process, view the resources here.
To begin your Domestic Vetting application, navigate to Administration in NPOconnect. The Vetting tile will display your organization's current vetting status, as shown below. Select this tile to access the application.
Once on the Vetting page, you will be presented with all of the steps involved in the application process. The first step is Start Application. To proceed to Step 2, select the Start Application button.
Additional resources are also available, including:
Access Domestic Vetting documentation requirements
If you would like to preview the documentation that will be needed for your organization before beginning the application process, simply select the Documentation requirements button at the top of the page or the link in the Start Application description. All requirements can be found here.
Opt-out of vetting
If you wish to opt out of vetting for whatever reason, select the link shown in the Start Application description.
To confirm your decision to opt-out of vetting at this time, check the statement in the Opt Out of Vetting modal and Opt Out. You can choose to reinitiate vetting at a later time. However, keep in mind that you will not be eligible to receive donations and grants through the Blackbaud Giving Fund (BBGF) until vetting is completed and approved. If you have an application in progress at the time you opt-out, it will be canceled.
The first step after initiating your application is to select the organization type you represent. This type will determine the documentation you are required to upload later on.
From the Organization Type modal that appears, select the appropriate type. If you are not sure about your organization type, you can select Unknown. However, an Unknown type can still upload the documentation you have available.
Once you have specified an organization type, you may upload the appropriate documentation.
In the Upload Documentation modal, the type of documents for all organization types will be shown. To determine the documents you need to provide, select the link at the top of the modal to open the Domestic Vetting Documentation Requirements here. Upload any files as needed.
Once all documentation has been provided, select Submit application in the Upload Documentation modal.
As your application is reviewed by the Blackbaud Compliance team, you can track its status in the Application Review step on the Vetting page, as shown below.
These possible statuses include:
- Awaiting Review - Application has been submitted but has not yet been looked at by the Blackbaud Compliance team.
- In Progress - The Blackbaud Compliance team is currently reviewing your application.
- On Hold - The Blackbaud Compliance team has requested a revision. Review will continue once the information requested has been resolved.
- Approved - Your application has been reviewed and accepted.
- Declined - Your application has been reviewed but not accepted.